What's new with Team TTO

July 15, 2020

Lewis to lead SIGA Task Force

Brian Lewis, president of the T&T Olympic Committee (TTOC), will chair a new task force…
July 13, 2020

Bach says cancelling Tokyo 2020 would have been easier option for IOC

International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach has said it would have been easier to…
July 13, 2020

Lewis wants Olympic medallists to receive Olympic Order

THE LIFETIME ban imposed on former American Olympic track and field medallists Vince Matthews and…
July 12, 2020

Athletes Are Fighting the Olympic Ban on Protests

At a time of global uprisings, the Olympic ban on political dissent is under renewed…
July 12, 2020

CANOC urging sports associations in the Caribbean to be innovative

BRIAN Lewis, president of the Caribbean Association of National Olympic Committees (CANOC), believes that sport…
July 11, 2020

First black Miss Universe became a national icon in Trinidad

When Janelle “Penny” Commissiong became Miss Universe in 1977, the world sat up and took…
July 10, 2020

SIGA CREATES TASK FORCE ON RACE, GENDER, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION

Following the successful SIGA-Soccerex Webinar on the topic, “Football For All,” the Sport Integrity Global…

Tokyo 2021 #1YearToGo

Logo TOKYO 2020 International Olympic Committee
Logo Omega Offical Timekeeper

Cartan Global | Tokyo 2021

Welcome to the Olympic Channel Live

Team TTO on Facebook

Team TTO on Twitter

Sport Company & TTOC In Support Of New National Sports Policy https://t.co/jG7ypInB43 https://t.co/9w3eZoFpqL
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 03:07
Lewis wants Olympic medallists to receive Olympic Order https://t.co/xKt9tSOtd8
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 03:05
Bach says cancelling Tokyo 2020 would have been easier option for IOC https://t.co/0SkPdDyghM
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 03:04
RT @SIGAlliance: "SIGA Creates Task Force on Race, Gender, Diversity, & Inclusion." Check out what it's members have to say & will deliver…
Monday, 13 July 2020 10:46

TeamTTO on Instagram

UPCOMING OLYMPIC GAMES

T&T OLYMPIC TEAM TTO PARTNERS

Former Honduran president, Rafael Callejas, has pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges, admitting he solicited hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes in connection with a Fifa corruption scandal.

Callejas, who was a member of Fifa’s television and marketing committee, pleaded guilty to racketeering conspiracy and wire fraud conspiracy in a New York federal court on Monday.

The 72-year-old, who was president of Honduras between 1990 and 1994, will be sentenced on 5 August and could face up to 40 years in prison.

Callejas told US Magistrate Judge Robert M Levy: “I knew it was wrong for me to ask for and to accept such undisclosed payments.”

He previously pleaded not guilty to the charges in a US court appearance in December.

The US Department of Justice said in a statement that Callejas had negotiated and accepted bribes in exchange for using his position as president of the Honduran football federation to award contracts for media and marketing rights to World Cup qualifier matches.

"Bribe payments totalling hundreds of thousands of dollars were sent to a bank account I controlled," he said.

Callejas said he distributed a significant portion of his bribes to delegates of the Honduran football federation so he could remain president, a position he held from 2002 to August 2015.

In total, about 20 soccer officials have been indicted on charges related to the US investigation of corruption in the sport.

Source