What's new with Team TTO

July 15, 2020

Lewis to lead SIGA Task Force

Brian Lewis, president of the T&T Olympic Committee (TTOC), will chair a new task force…
July 13, 2020

Bach says cancelling Tokyo 2020 would have been easier option for IOC

International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach has said it would have been easier to…
July 13, 2020

Lewis wants Olympic medallists to receive Olympic Order

THE LIFETIME ban imposed on former American Olympic track and field medallists Vince Matthews and…
July 12, 2020

Athletes Are Fighting the Olympic Ban on Protests

At a time of global uprisings, the Olympic ban on political dissent is under renewed…
July 12, 2020

CANOC urging sports associations in the Caribbean to be innovative

BRIAN Lewis, president of the Caribbean Association of National Olympic Committees (CANOC), believes that sport…
July 11, 2020

First black Miss Universe became a national icon in Trinidad

When Janelle “Penny” Commissiong became Miss Universe in 1977, the world sat up and took…
July 10, 2020

SIGA CREATES TASK FORCE ON RACE, GENDER, DIVERSITY, AND INCLUSION

Following the successful SIGA-Soccerex Webinar on the topic, “Football For All,” the Sport Integrity Global…

Tokyo 2021 #1YearToGo

Logo TOKYO 2020 International Olympic Committee
Logo Omega Offical Timekeeper

Cartan Global | Tokyo 2021

Welcome to the Olympic Channel Live

Team TTO on Facebook

Team TTO on Twitter

Sport Company & TTOC In Support Of New National Sports Policy https://t.co/jG7ypInB43 https://t.co/9w3eZoFpqL
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 03:07
Lewis wants Olympic medallists to receive Olympic Order https://t.co/xKt9tSOtd8
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 03:05
Bach says cancelling Tokyo 2020 would have been easier option for IOC https://t.co/0SkPdDyghM
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 03:04
RT @SIGAlliance: "SIGA Creates Task Force on Race, Gender, Diversity, & Inclusion." Check out what it's members have to say & will deliver…
Monday, 13 July 2020 10:46

TeamTTO on Instagram

UPCOMING OLYMPIC GAMES

T&T OLYMPIC TEAM TTO PARTNERS

San Diego's hosting of the inaugural Association of National Olympic Committes (ANOC) World Beach Games has been pushed back two years from 2017 to 2019, it was announced here today following an ANOC Executive Council meeting.

This decision has been taken in order to allow NOCs and International Federations "optimum time to prepare their athletes" for the event.

San Diego was unanimously chosen as host at last year's ANOC General Assembly in Washington D.C. after the timetable had been rapidly accelerated earlier in the year.

But progress has been slow in the intervening months, insidethegames understands, particularly surrounding the marketing and financing of the event.

A statement claimed that while "excellent progress" has been made over the last eight months, and San Diego is "in a position to deliver the event in 2017," it was "mutually agreed that postponing the event would be to the benefit of all stakeholders".

The Californian city will also host the 2019 ANOC General Assembly; something that has placed "additional hosting requirements" on the city.

"After careful consideration, the ANOC Executive Council, with the support of San Diego, has taken the decision to move the first edition of the ANOC World Beach Games to 2019," said ANOC President Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah following the meeting.

"We are committed to working with all our stakeholders to deliver the best possible event which will benefit the NOCs, their athletes and the entire Olympic Movement and we believe that moving the event to 2019 will allow us to do that.

"The ANOC World Beach Games is part of ANOC's long-term vision to enhance the support and opportunities we can provide NOCs and their athletes, particularly around engaging more young people in sport.

"Moving the event to 2019 will not just benefit NOCs and their athletes but by giving them more time to prepare for the event we can guarantee that millions of spectators around the world will enjoy and be inspired by even greater performances."

It is hoped that all 206 global NOCs will compete in the Beach Games.

Up to 2,500 athletes are also expected to participate.

"We fully support the decision to move the ANOC World Beach Games to 2019 to give NOCs and athletes more time to prepare for the event," added Organising Committee chairman Vincent E. Mudd.

"As the hosts of the first edition, it is important that we set the benchmark for all future editions.

"We are fortunate in San Diego to have some of the most iconic beaches in the world and we have no doubt they will provide a breath-taking setting for the first ever ANOC World Beach Games in 2019.

"We look forward to welcoming the world to our city for an unforgettable and unique sporting experience."

Source